Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Online courses social work

Online courses social work

Mar/Mon/2018 | Uncategorized

Top 10 Free Classes Available Online For Social Work Majors

Online courses social work

Expert Essay Writers -
List of Free Online Social Work Courses and Classes - Study com

What is Street Art? Vandalism, graffiti or public art Part I. In recent years there has been an increasing interest in an ephemeral and viral form of art that is marking urban settings around the world, and courses social work, has developed a flourishing sub-culture all its own. Now though, street art is going mainstream. Euripides Hippolytus? Auctioneers, collectors and museum directors are scrabbling to learn urban art vocabulary and develop positions on the big street art issues. In this primer post Art Radar gives you a heads up on what you need to know. There is courses work as yet no simple definition of englehart thesis, street art. It is an amorphous beast encompassing art which is found in or inspired by the urban environment. With anti-capitalist and rebellious undertones, it is courses social work a democratic form of popular public art probably best understood by seeing it in situ.

It is not limited to the gallery nor easily collected or possessed by those who may turn art into robert collected essays a trophy. Considered by some a nuisance, for others street art is a tool for communicating views of work, dissent, asking difficult questions and expressing political concerns. Chinese Essays? Its definition and uses are changing: originally a tool to mark territorial boundaries of online social, urban youth today it is even seen in some cases as a means of urban beautification and englehart, regeneration. Courses Social? Whether it is regarded as vandalism or public art, street art has caught the magwitch essay, interest of the art world and social, its lovers of beauty. Collected Essays? In an interview with the Queens Tribune, New York City#8217;s Queens Museum of Art Executive Director Tom Finkelpearl said public art “is the best way for courses social people to express themselves in this city.” Finkelpearl, who helps organize socially conscious art exhibitions, added, “Art gets dialogue going. That’s very good.” However, he doesn#8217;t find graffiti to collected be art, and says, “I can’t condone vandalism#8230; It’s really upsetting to me that people would need to write their name over and over again in public space. It’s this culture of fame. Online Social? I really think it’s regrettable that they think that’s the only way to become famous.” The legal distinction between permanent graffiti and theatre, art is permission, but the topic becomes even more complex regarding impermanent, nondestructive forms of graffiti (yarn bombing, video projection, and street installation.) With permission, traditional painted graffiti is online courses work technically considered public art. Chinese Essays? Without permission, painters of public and private property are committing vandalism and are, by definition, criminals.

However, it still stands that most street art is unsanctioned, and many artists who have painted without permission, (Banksy, Shepard Fairey) have been glorified as legitimate and socially conscious artists. Although it is courses extremely difficult, if not impossible, to clearly define what unsanctioned imagery is art and what is not, the effects of such images can be observed and chinese literature, conclusions can be reached regarding images’ function within a public environment. Banksy, North London. Broken Window Theory: Vandalism vs. Street Art. Vandalism is inexcusable destruction of property, and has been shown to have negative repercussions on its setting. It has also been observed by criminologists to have a ‘snowball effect’ of generating more negativity within its vicinity. Dr. James Q. Wilson and Dr. Online Social? George Kelling studied the effects of disorder (in this case, a broken window) in an urban setting, and found that one instance of essay on william, neglect increases the online courses work, likelihood of more broken windows and magwitch essay, graffiti will appear. Then, there is an work observable increase in actual violent crime.

The researchers concluded there is hippolytus essay a direct link between vandalism, street violence, and the general decline of a society. Their theory, named the Broken Window Theory and first published in 1982, argues that crime is the inevitable result of courses, disorder, and that if neglect is present in a place, whether it is disrepair or thoughtless graffiti, people walking by will think no one cares about that place, and the unfavorable damage is therefore acceptable. Essay? Street Art and Gentrification. Thoughtful and attractive street art, however, has been suggested to have regenerative effects on a neighborhood. In fact, the popular street artist Banksy, who has catapulted his guerilla street art pastime into a profitable career as an courses auctionable contemporary artist, has come under criticism for his art contributing to the gentrification of neighborhoods. Appropriate Media claims that: “Banksy#8230; sells his lazy polemics to Hollywood movie stars for big bucks#8230; Graffiti artists are the performing spray-can monkeys for gentrification. Essays? In collusion with property developers, they paint deprived areas bright colours to courses social work indicate the latest funky inner city area ripe for regeneration. Pushing out low income families in their wake, to be replaced by middle class metrosexuals with their urban art collections.” [Times Online] Banksy himself has received requests from creeley collected, residents in the neighborhoods he paints, which ask that he stop painting so they can continue to afford homes in the neighborhoods where they grew up.

A letter received by Banksy reads: #8220;My brother and me were born here and have lived here all our lives, but these days so many yuppies and students are moving here that neither of online courses social work, us can afford to buy a house where we grew up anymore. Your graffities are undoubtably part of what makes these [people] think our area is cool. You#8217;re obviously not from around here, and after you#8217;ve driven up the house prices you#8217;ll just move on. Do us a favor and go do your stuff somewhere else like Brixton.#8221; Painting on the surfaces of public or private property that is visible to the public, commonly with a can of spray paint or roll-on paint. Englehart? It may be comprised of just simple words (commonly the writer#8217;s name) or be more artful and elaborate, covering a surface with a mural image.

Painting with the use of online social, a homemade stencil, usually a paper or cardboard cutout, to create an image that can be easily reproduced. The desired design is cut out of a selected medium, and the image is transferred to a surface through the use of spray paint or roll-on paint. 3. Sticker (aka sticker bombing, slap tagging, and euripides essay, sticker tagging) Propagatesan image or message in work, public spaces using homemade stickers. These stickers commonly promote a political agenda, comment on a policy or issue, or comprise an avantgarde art campaign. Sticker art is wordsworth considered a subcategory of postmodern art. Mosaic is the art of creating images with an assemblage of smaller parts or pieces, to resemble a single giant piece of online courses social work, art.

Digitally projecting a computer-manipulated image onto a surface via a light and projection system. Street installations are a growing trend within the theatre performance essay, #8216;street art#8217; movement. Whereas conventional street art and graffiti is done on surfaces or walls, #8216;street installations#8217; use 3-D objects and space to interfere with the urban environment. Like graffiti, it is online social non-permission based and once the object or sculpture is installed it is left there by the artist. Artwork painted on a small portion of plywood or similar inexpensive material and attached to literature essays street signs with bolts. Often the online courses, bolts are bent at the back to prevent removal. Chinese Literature Essays? It has become a form of graffiti used to online social work cover a sign, poster, or any piece of advertisement that stands or hangs. A large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse. The term flash mob is generally applied only to gatherings organized via telecommunications, social networking, and viral emails.

The term is generally not applied to events organized by public relations firms or as publicity stunts. Essay? This can also be considered mass public performance art. Yarn Bombing is a type of courses work, street art that employs colourful displays of hippolytus essay, knitted or crocheted cloth rather than paint or chalk. Social? The practice is believed to have originated in magwitch essay, the U.S. with Texas knitters trying to find a creative way to use their leftover and courses, unfinished knitting projects, but has since spread worldwide. While other forms of graffiti may be expressive, decorative, territorial, socio-political commentary, advertising or vandalism, yarn bombing is almost exclusively about beautification and creativity. What is Street Art?

Vandalism, graffiti or public art Part I #8212; 54 Comments. I have noticed you don#8217;t monetize your page, don#8217;t waste your traffic, you can earn extra bucks every month because you#8217;ve got high quality content. If you want to know how to hippolytus essay make extra bucks, search for: Mrdalekjd methods for $$$ thia is so good. Nice blog here! Additionally your website quite a bit up fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink for your host? I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol. Simply amazing article! I also can share my experience in filling forms.

I mostly use https://goo.gl/lIvcj9 to edit my PDFs. I think it also allows you to to create fillable pdfs and esign them. Registered Nurse supervision and case management suggests substantially. Courses Social? much better care for chinese literature your parent, and online social work, genuine peace of thoughts for. hy it#8217;s verry good, i love much your country. iam french, i want go to america. kiss. Crafting a social media marketing method that#8217;s customer concentrated is vital towards success. Does your site have #1072; contact pag#1077;? I#8217;m #1210;aving trouble locating #1110;t #389;ut, Superb blog! D#1413; you have #593;ny recommendations #102;#111;r aspiring writers? #5076ould #121;#1413;u #115;uggest starting #119;ith #097; free platform. Robert Collected Essays? confused .. #065;ny suggestions? Cheers! #109;#121; blog post :: buy weight loss leads (Ramona) Simply wish to say your article is as surprising.

The clarity to. your post is simply excellent and i could suppose you. are a professional in this subject. Fine together with your permission let me to seize your feed to stay up. to date with forthcoming post. Thank you 1,000,000 and please continue the rewarding work. Destruction of property is the ugly duckling of online social, street art. Collected? Hi Skye, if you email us on social work, helloartradar@gmail.com with questions someone will get back to you. Thanks! Hello Im currently in year twelve, and as a major work project students must comprise a 5000 word research topic on something they are passionate in. I have chose street art as my topic, but more specifically, why there aren#8217;t many female street artists and I was wondering if art radar could provide their opinion on the topic. i really loved this article, as a lover of englehart, fine art i agree with this, i think street art is beautiful in any form, it is a form of self expression and i love seeing it, i don#8217;t understand why there are so many people against online courses, it though, whats the essay on william wordsworth, problem? you don#8217;t have to look at it, it isn#8217;t hurting you, what i think is, it makes the cities look brighter and a lot more beautiful and i love seeing this form of art because i know what time goes into courses it and how fast they do it aswell. :) xx. I too am currently writing a dissertation surrounding the topic of street art. If possible, it would be greatly appreciated to have a few sentences of your time to get your views and opinions on euripides hippolytus essay, the matter.

I would offer the same in return but judging by the date of your post, I must assume that you are already completed your work, in online social work, which case, I am most interested in reading it. Chinese? I look forward to online work your response. 4th Year International Tourism Management student. Robert Gordon University. On William Wordsworth Poetry? Hi, we don#8217;t give out information on our writers, but feel free to credit Art Radar.

Thanks for reading. Who is an author of that article? I am writing a dissertation on a subject and I would like to quote/paraphrase the views presented above. Courses Social Work? Need to know the robert creeley collected, author tho. Please help :) hello my name is andreea and together with 3 friends of mine started a semester project about online, introducing street art in magwitch essay, Aalborg, Denmark. can you please help us to get a little bit deeper in this concept? I mean can you tell us how hard is to online work make a street art festival happen? Thank you for thesis your time and for the great article above. Best , Much to the disagreement of modern society, I strongly agree that these less artful #8220;tags#8221; are in fact necessary for the ongoing development of Graffiti art. While it may in fact be an eyesore to online courses social work some, the world (or those who give a fk anyway) need to understand that a quick tag or throw-up is like the englehart, flag that gets put on the moon. It signifies, hey #8220;I#8217;m alive.. I was here..

I exist#8221;. Not all Graffiti writers know how to piece and only a select few know how to burn. Online Work? So yes, there are those who will only add to the nuisance or keep the #8220;broken window#8221; theory alive. Then you have the hardcore #8220;never say die#8221; artists that will spend countless hours devising super complex wild style letters in a fifteenth dimension with background visions of Heaven and hell for magwitch essay the enjoyment of online courses social work, others. As the art form has evolved become more accepted by the contemporary mainstream world it has entered galleries and even museums all over the globe. Essay On William Wordsworth? I myself have painted murals in Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Having been paid by those who are mesmerized by our NY 80s style and passion. So yes, I would agree this has branched off as a derivative of its original product. (Note, LEN ONE and I prefer the rush of getting over online work while TOPIC prefers not to have to run. lol) As previously mentioned, #8220;legal walls#8221; offer the added time to inject more detail creativity into the pieces time which is not readily available when you are illegally in a yard subjected to englehart #8220;raids#8221; and online courses social, even conflicts with other writers (well this is the way it used to be anyway!).

While yes, it does allow time for robert creeley collected the #8220;perfect#8221; piece #8212; it can never EVER replace the feeling of having executed a near perfect creation done in the darkness, while standing in courses, between two parked cars in a nauseous cloud of paint vapors! Thank you for your response! It is truly insightful to get the artistic perspective of an original 80#8217;s New York train bomber, where it seems the contemporary urban graffiti movement all began. There are so many questions to address, but here#8217;s a start#8230; Would you agree the less artful #8216;tags#8217; that are quickly thrown up are necessary for the process and magwitch essay, development of graffiti art as a visual language? And although these markings are sometimes misconstrued as vandalism or a nuisance, they are necessary because they provide the basis for more elaborate graffiti art? Also, would you even categorise #8216;legal#8217; graffiti or graffiti-style art that is created on canvasses and sold in galleries as #8216;graffiti#8217;, or rather as a new and separate derivative of this art form? The art world is still grappling with how to understand, classify and discuss this relatively young art form and style, which has recently become so popular in commercial galleries and even the contemporary art auction market. For instance, the courses social work, question remains of hippolytus, whether graffiti #8216;reenactments#8217; are considered to be graffiti.

At the Sotheby#8217;s Ullens Collection Sale on October 2nd in courses, Hong Kong, 3 works by Tsang Tsou Choi (the #8220;King of Kowloon#8221;) sold, with one excellent example fetching a hammer price of on william wordsworth, HKD650K / USD83K. Social Work? These works were #8216;recreations#8217; of bombings executed by the venerable graffiti artist, and created in magwitch essay, his studio. So, it remains to be determined whether #8216;graffiti#8217; is online social work determined by theatre essay its illicit creation, or has simply become an courses social artistic style. And furthermore, do you feel that legal walls encourage creativity, or extinguish the true spirit of this irreverent art form? Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! Unfortunately, this onion has many layers. A true graffiti artist will know that bombing is just as an theatre performance essential part of social, graf as is piecing.. The issue we face is essay on william wordsworth that some people just choose to “bomb” and others are more into online social the artistic side (know as piecing). Performance? When we would paint trains back in online courses social, the 80#8217;s – there were nights when we were only in the mood to do 10 second throw-ups – then we had nights were 7 hour burners were on the menu.

To be well rounded – you need to literature dominate to some extent every layer in this onion. Nowadays, the social, risks are much greater as we are older so we enjoy the fun of a legal wall. But it isnt the same to be honest, there is always going to be that itch to flood a homemade and bomb insides#8230;. Thank you for your comment. Although graffiti and street art have gained respect in the art world in recent years, the creeley, practice remains a highly disputed medium of self-expression. Online Social Work? The problem persists that some still see little technical distinction between inspirational, well-crafted graffiti artwork and the more common, destructive ‘tags’ which often have negative messages. As an artist, do you see these types of graffiti as fundamentally different, one as legitimate artistic expression and another as a nuisance? Where should communities draw the theatre essay, line in regards to accepting or tolerating thoughtful, skillfully executed graffiti art?

These are tough questions with no easy answer! While society in general will continue to deem street art as a form of urban decay or vandalism. They need to courses social work have a closer look at where these big corporations from Nike to even cereal boxes obtain some of performance, their advertising#8230; The root itself comes from the so-called #8220;nuisance#8221; that creates an eyesore for some yet inspires others. Graffiti is a #8220;plague#8221; that will never be stopped as a new writer emerges every day. As for those who have been running from the law to express their art for decades #8230; remember #8230;#8230;#8230;#8230;#8230;.. KEEP RUNNIN! But when art comes to art, there are no limitations. Regardless of the thoughts of online social work, others, the artist continues with their work and doesn#8217;t bother to chinese care about the disagreements of others, they do as they please thats how it works. Having recently been to Berlin, I think that street art can affect the way people view their city and online courses social work, urban space.

There are places where street art have regenerated run down areas and spaces and performance essay, create pockets of social, new communities. Wordsworth? If city councils know that people are going to tag or #8220;deface#8221; public property any way why don#8217;t they create legitimate places where people can tag or better yet train those who are less skilled so at online courses social least when they can develop their creative abilities. The visuals are too biased as you only show the best of street art and poetry, choose to ignore how much of social work, street marking is no better than animal/human piss marking territory. A comprimise would be that enlightened/eco conscious taggers adopt easily removable markers like chalk / washable paint. As long as people don#8217;t destroy things (then it becomes destruction not creation), any form of street art is okay.

Custom Essay Writing Service -
Online Short Courses in Social Work by universities in United

Probation And Parole Essays and Research Papers. Parole and Probation Jessica A. Taylor University of social work, Phoenix CJA 313 Contemporary Issues in Criminal Justice August 8, 2010 . Henry Provencher The criminal justice system in America is very complex. It has many parts that must work together in chinese literature essays, order for online courses social work, it to be effective. The criminal justice system relies on politicians to performance essay, create laws, judges to interpret laws, and police officials to enforce the laws. Courses Social Work. However, our system would not be as effective, if not for the vigilant efforts of other. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 2423 Words | 7 Pages.

Running head: PAROLE AND PROBATION Parole and Probation University of Phoenix Contemporary . Issues in Criminal Justice CJA 313 Apr 28, 2008 Parole and Probation “A term coined by John Augustus from the Latin term”probare”- to prove, to test; the origin for theatre essay, the Probation came from English Law in the Middle Ages.”(A Brief History of Probation ) “In 1841He persuaded Boston Police Court to online courses social, release an adult drunkard into essay poetry, his custody rather than send him to prison- the prevalent means. Crime , New Jersey , New York 1598 Words | 4 Pages. Mark Ortega CRJ 215 CTA #1 September 3, 2012 Difference Between a Police Officer and Probation Parole A police . officer is an individual who plays the courses social work role of maintaining in keeping order and peace in the public. Police officers are used for emergency services such emergency calls, disasters, public safety for large gatherings, road and traffic services and collisions as well. The police are also responsible for robert creeley, reprimanding offenders by issuing citations to those violators acting in a.

Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 778 Words | 3 Pages. offenders are not imprisoned, and more than 90 percent 0f all imprisoned offenders are eventually released. If laws are enacted that limit . Online Social. probation or increase the length of imprisonment by abolishing parole , there must be corresponding increases in prison space to accommodate the results. Limiting or abolishing parole release causes increases in performance, the use of probation . “Truth-in-sentencing” laws permit only small grants of good time, while “three-strikes-and-you’re-out” statutes mean lifetime imprisonment. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 887 Words | 3 Pages.

which inmates were rated according to their progress toward reformation. • Sentences were for indeterminate periods, in online courses social, which inmates served sentences . within given ranges (such as between two and eight years). They could be released early or given parole for good behavior. 6. According to on william, John Irwin, what three types of penal institutions have dominated different parts of the twentieth century? The three types of institutions, and their approximate heydays, are as follows: • The “big house”. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminology 1867 Words | 7 Pages. Understanding Probation and Parole. ------------------------------------------------- Understand Probation and online social work Parole Similarities amp; Differences April 1, 2013 . Victor Mora Community Corrections April 1, 2013 Victor Mora Community Corrections If you don’t follow the Criminal Justice System closely and what they stand for it is magwitch essay, easy to courses work, confuse many departments within our states.

The media and collected many members of the courses work public often commit this error when it comes to what Probation and Parole stand for on william wordsworth, and their purposes. I myself use to mistaken. Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 1513 Words | 4 Pages. The Differences Between Probation And Parole. ?The Differences between Probation and Parole Probation and parole are privileges that are given to online courses social, . individuals who have been sentenced to magwitch essay, one or more years of incarceration to avoid prison or to be released after having served a portion of online social, their sentencing in jail.

The main objectives of probation and parole are to rehabilitate those who have been convicted of a crime and to guide them back into euripides essay, the community while reducing the chances that a new offense will be committed. But what are the differences. Crime , Criminal law , Felony 856 Words | 4 Pages. Annotated bibliography on parole and probation. Annotated Bibliography Fulton, Betsy, Amy Stichman, Lawrence Travis, and Edward Latessa. Moderating Probation and Parole . Officer Attitudes to Achieve Desired Outcomes. Prison Journal 77.3 (1997): 295-313. CECybrary. Social Work. ProQuest Database.

Allentown Business School, Center Valley, PA. 7 July 2004 . This study was an assessment of the role preferences of probation and parole officers and the conflict between control and treatment. It was determined that organizational philosophy is a determinate on. Allentown, Pennsylvania , Criminal law , Law 853 Words | 3 Pages. Probation and chinese literature essays Parole in the United States. Probation and Parole in social, the United States: Changes in the Correctional System since World War II Scott Lohr Pennsylvania . Magwitch Essay. Highlands Community College Abstract Employee security problems and high risk caseloads progressively will move agents away from online courses social work customary probation ideas of thesis, casework in courses work, the direction of ideas lined up with control or disciplinary beliefs. This study analyzes how the role of probation and parole has altered and what the future will be like counting on how we respond to. Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 1144 Words | 4 Pages.

The advantages and disadvantages of englehart thesis, probation and parole. disadvantages of probation and parole What is probation ? Probation is online courses social work, a court order sentencing . that consist of the defendant to essay poetry, either serve or complete the remaining sentence of imprisonment in a supervised community. The defendant that’s assigned to completing a probation sentence will be under supervision of an officer of the court; which are referred to as a Probation Officer. Probation is online courses social work, one of the most common criminal sentencing processes in the United States. A probation sentence generally. Crime , Criminal law , House arrest 1169 Words | 3 Pages. Past, Present and englehart thesis Future of Probation Parole. to study the past, present and future implications of the probation and courses social parole system, I had to study the history of both. Wordsworth Poetry. I . Online Courses. will begin with the history of probation and thesis then talk about the online courses social work history of parole . I will also talk about how probation and parole work in the present and robert creeley how and what will happen to both probation and parole in the future.

Probation comes from the online courses social Latin verb probare which means to prove, to rest. Probation was first introduced to the United States in thesis, 1841 when a. Criminal justice , Criminal law , House arrest 2038 Words | 6 Pages. The similarities and courses differences between probation and parole. between probation and parole . There are also many different definitions of probation , one that I believe is a good . one is the euripides hippolytus action of suspending the sentence of one convicted of a minor offense and granting him provisional freedom on online work the promise of good behavior. Euripides Hippolytus Essay. Parole is the release of a prisoner before is online courses social, term has expired on hippolytus essay condition of continued good behavior.

The similarities between the to is the person convicted of the courses social work crime has to show good behavior in order to stay out of jail. Parole is different. Crime , Criminal law , Debut albums 1018 Words | 3 Pages. Determining Conditions of Probation Conditions of probation and parole are primary factors that have an effect on . an offender’s post-prison life. When determining conditions of probation and parole , the offenders’ background plays a very important part of the determination.

The history of the offenses that the offender committed is extremely important of creeley essays, determining the condition of online courses social, probation or parole . Probation and parole conditions consist of drug/alcohol treatment, psychiatric evaluation/treatment. Assault , Crime , Criminal law 783 Words | 3 Pages. Bakersfield CJ 130 Mr. Fink February 24, 2015 Probation over the past decade has become the sentence that is ruled more than any . Englehart. other. With prisons being over crowded, probation has been the top choice for qualifying adult violent offenders. Probation population has become almost twice the online social population of offenders in prison. Today, probation is authorized in performance essay, all states and is an integral part of the criminal justice system. Probation is courses work, a prison sentence that is suspended on the condition.

Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 789 Words | 5 Pages. Parole Kristofer Allison November 14, 2011 CRJ 210 Probation and Parole Parole by . definition is the theatre essay conditional early release from prison or jail, under supervision, after a portion of the sentence has been served. This practice assumes that the offender successfully demonstrated conformity to the rules and regulations of the prison environment and shows an ability to conform to society's norms and laws. Online. The word, parole , derives from the French parol meaning word of honor and. Compassionate release , Crime , Criminal law 1074 Words | 3 Pages.

Probation and essays Parole Probation is online courses work, a court ordered sanction being served by the person while under supervision in . the community. Community programs are used to help retain control over magwitch essay criminals and to online courses work, help rehabilitate them. Parole is the supervised early release of an chinese literature inmate who has been imprisoned before the end of their sentence. Parole is an administrative decision by a legally designed parole get authority. Here are some differences between probation and parole . Probation is online social work, sentencing option. Arrest warrant , Crime , Criminal law 534 Words | 1 Pages. Sears ITT Technical Institute Online There are many advantages to putting offenders on probation and parole . One advantage is . the euripides hippolytus cost, the average inmate costs 20,000 a year to house, and up to 60,000 in online courses, a super max. The cost to keep someone on probation is 3,400 a year that is a big difference.

Another advantage is the space. Prisons are becoming overcrowded very quickly. The offenders that are placed on parole or supervision are generally no violent criminals; they may have had drug charges or something. Crime , Criminal law , Law 649 Words | 2 Pages. Probation and essay poetry Parole Probation Disadvantages Probation is the most common punishment for criminal . activity. It allows for courses social work, the person to performance essay, stay in the community, but under the courses social supervision of a probation officer. There may be some disadvantages to being on creeley essays probation . The people in the community may fear the criminal and work the criminal may face harsh reactions from members of his community. They may fear that the offender may repeat on offense. People on probation may have trouble with finding a.

Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 547 Words | 2 Pages. Tramain Clay Probation and Parole Oct. 18, 2011 Ch.8 Probation and Parole Officers Law . Enforcement, Treatment, and englehart A blend of the two. Control, Social Services, and Combined. Online Social Work. The broker/advocate role links clients to needed services, with little concern for the relationship between officer and client.

The P/P officer as law enforcement agents is englehart, related to online courses work, the control model of supervision in much the essay same way as the treatment or broker/advocate role is related to the social. Criminal law , Gun politics , Law 320 Words | 2 Pages. Probation and Parole Probation is a sentence that certain individual receives from a judge after he/she is . convicted of crime. Social Work. When on probation , he/she is still able to thesis, participate within the community with very strict guidelines. Parole is a supervised release of inmates from a correctional center. There are many advantages and disadvantages of online courses social work, probation . One advantage is its better than being locked up in prison or jail. While on probation , you also have the right to choose who you live with. Crime , Criminal law , French Revolution 529 Words | 2 Pages. ? Parole Interview Josh Starkey Everest University Online September 12, 2014 The parole officer I spoke with at the . Osceola County Department of Probation and Parole was very easy to talk to. After he told me that he was both a probation and parole officer, I asked him a series of questions pertaining to his experience as a parole officer.

In the course of things, I was very nervous and performance I forgot to ask for his name. By the time I came to this realization, their office was closed for. Academic degree , Arrest , Arrest warrant 1058 Words | 5 Pages. Probation Community Correction CRJ 331 2012 My site visit to theProbation Office was interesting I’ve never been in the building before . and I didn’t know what I was going to expect going on in their or what went on in their. Courses. When I had arrived upstairs Glenn had showed me they way around the probation office first he brought us into his office and basically told us what we need to on william poetry, know about social, probation such as probation officers have duties, such as working within the literature corrections system and. Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 796 Words | 3 Pages. Probation officers work with criminal offenders, some of whom may be dangerous. They also monitor offenders to prevent them from online courses social committing . new crimes. Workers in this occupation must meet many court-imposed deadlines and also travel, especially if they work in essay on william wordsworth poetry, rural areas. Probation officers usually have to have a bachelor’s degree, but the requirement varies by agency.

Officers who work in online courses work, the probation system have various duties that keep their job busy. They evaluate offenders to determine. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 1413 Words | 4 Pages. Probation Officer Requirements If you've ever wanted to know how to become a probation officer, keep reading find a job . description, probation officer job requirements, online education and training, and general salary information for on william poetry, this popular career. Probation Officer Job Description Probation officers and parole officers are often lumped together when people think about them. They do have some common duties, such as working within the corrections system and being employed by county. Academic degree , Bachelor's degree , Corrections 759 Words | 3 Pages.

Probation - A term coined by online courses, John Augustus, from the Latin verb probare- to prove, to test. Essay. . Courses Social Work. http://www.nyc.gov/html/prob/html/history.html Probation can be dated as far back as the middle ages of English Criminal Law. Probation started as harsh punishments on children and theatre essay adults that may have not been such a serious crime if any at all. The English used such sentencing as flogging, branding, mutilation, and execution. The harshness of courses, these punishments eventually slowed down because. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 630 Words | 2 Pages. parole and intermediate sanctions. What is parole you ask? According to essay, the Online Dictionary (2014) “ Parole is the conditional release of a person from prison . Online Courses. prior to the end of the maximum sentence imposed.” There are currently three different types of parole the parole board utilizes: discretionary parole , supervised mandatory release, and unconditional mandatory release. In order to be eligible for parole the offender must prove to the parole board he or she has been rehabilitated and essay on william wordsworth poetry are no longer a danger to society.

Over the. Arrest , Crime , Criminal law 921 Words | 3 Pages. Conditions of Probation The terms and conditions of online social, a persons probation are clear, cut, and dry. Probation is a . prison sentence that has been suspended on the condition that the offender follows certain prescribed rules and englehart commits no further offenses (Sieter, 2011). A probation officer evaluates offender progress and recommends intensity of supervision based on observations from time of conviction through the period of adjustment after release from an institution (FL DOC, 2012). The whole program. Assault , Battery , Crime 711 Words | 3 Pages. Pros and Cons of courses work, Probation and Parole. expectations for probation and essays parole are often made scapegoats?

Americans want greater protection from crime while insisting . that efforts to afford this protection do not jeopardize treasured constitutional rights. We want a system that deters would be miscreants an incapacitates those not deterred without imposing significant tax dollars . 3.How does the abolition of parole release impact on probation ? the abolishing of courses work, parole may increase the number of people on englehart thesis probation , for example Virgina. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 553 Words | 2 Pages. exactly what the purpose of courses work, probation is, what kinds of conditions can be imposed if someone is put on probation , and what roles . the probation officer and the court systems play in the scheme of things. If you know someone that is on probation it may not hurt to know a little bit about the chinese literature way it works and that is exactly what we will be talking about here. Probation is one of the least restrictive penalties among the alternatives confronting a sentencing judge.

Probation is the conditional release. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 1311 Words | 4 Pages. ? Probation Officer Being a Probation Officer can be interesting and challenging at the same time. You can . make a positive impact on courses social work one’s life. A Probation Officer’s main role is to make sure that those released into englehart thesis, his care are properly rehabilitated and obey to the terms of their probation . The officer also educates those released on online work probation on what they can and can’t do during the probation period “ Probation and parole can be very cost efficient. In 2010, Larry J. Siegel.

Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 1783 Words | 5 Pages. around 4.3 million Americans came onto or off probation (BOJ, 2011). Probation departments are para-military organizations but . also have an aspect of collected, socialism to them. Online Courses Social. Clear department goals help probation officers to know their roles and englehart thesis make appropriate decisions. Furthermore, the online courses social work work expectations of hippolytus, a younger generation are different and do not necessarily fit into the traditional model of social work, military type organizations. Robert Creeley Essays. Examination of the probation organizational behavior will answer many questions.

Criminal law , Drug test , Generation Y 812 Words | 3 Pages. Probation: Prison and Community Corrections Movement. society (Fuller , 125-27). According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the probation success rate is 62%. Social Work. Most probation . programs are designed to (1) protect the community by assisting judges in sentencing and magwitch essay supervising offenders, (2) carry out online, sanctions imposed by the court, (3) help offenders change, (4) support crime victims, and (5) coordinate and promote the use of community resources. Background Parole in America's criminal system is one of robert essays, today's most hotly debated topics in the. Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 1929 Words | 6 Pages. Probation and Parole System in courses social, Florida and Illinois. the event of receiving an imprisonment sentence. On top of the sentence itself, the stigmatism of having a confinement record can make life very challenging . - but, of course, in robert collected, detention centers, one can't earn a considerable wage at all. Probation and Parole When a person perpetrates a crime worthy of a jail punishment, that person is sentenced to a particular amount of time in incarceration.

That may extend from an online work overnight stay to a couple weeks or a month to a phase of years to a complete. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 3398 Words | 10 Pages. Summary for Determining Conditions of Probation Simulation. ? Summary for englehart thesis, Determining Conditions of Probation Simulation Team C CJA/234 April 26, 2015 Mr. Robin Marmon Summary for Determining . Conditions of Probation Simulation 1-Stanley Graves Offense-Driving while intoxicated Sentence- 2 years’ probation (following three days in courses social work, jail) 30 days in hippolytus essay, jail suspended Special probation conditions: Drug and alcohol treatment Intensive supervision for high risk Stanley Graves attended his AA meetings but is still struggling to curb his drinking problem. His. Addiction , Assault , Crime 757 Words | 5 Pages. Living the Dream of a Juvenile Probation Officer I have always wanted to make an impact on a youth that completely changed them forever; to . help change if not a family’s life, but a youth’s life for online courses social, the better. Theatre Essay. A juvenile probation officer helps to courses social, steer youths in magwitch essay, the right direction and keep them out of trouble.

The job of a Juvenile Probation Officer contains many types of jobs and courses social work responsibilities that are necessary in the role of deterring many youths from a life of crime. The job requires. Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 1809 Words | 5 Pages. Becoming a Parole Officer Brittany Gullett Everest University Online Strategies for Success Becoming a . Parole Officer A lot of people don’t know that Parole Officers and Probation Officers are often talked about in englehart thesis, the same breath, but they aren't identical jobs. Parole officers work with individuals who have been released from state or federal prison prior to social work, their actual sentence release date.

This release is conditional and can be revoked for. Academic degree , Bachelor's degree , Corrections 756 Words | 3 Pages. Advantages and Disadvantages of Parole. corrections such as probation and parole were developed and implemented by the criminal justice system (Travis 1998, p.308). The . aim of this paper is to examine the issue of creeley, parole , which has been discussed prolong and many controversies related to it have arisen. Courses Work. The essay will explore the advantages and disadvantages of the existence of parole in essay wordsworth poetry, the criminal justice system. Online Courses Work. Firstly, various community measures addressing offenders will be explored. Next, a definition of the concept of parole will be provided. Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 2189 Words | 7 Pages. ? Probation Madina Hassan Assignment: 3 Professor: Janice Bella September 10, 2014 Probation and Punishment . Essay On William. Probation is a sanction that a court orders to allow an individual who commits a crime to stay in courses work, the community without serving his jail term.

However, an individual is essay, not totally free during probation as he remains under the supervision of a probation officer (Prince William County, 2014). There are restrictions that the probationer must observe, and it is the online courses social duty of the probation. Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 1375 Words | 7 Pages. The Role of Parole in Criminal Justice. * The Role of Parole in Criminal Justice Loren Martin Kelli Callahan CRJ 305 April 25, 2011 * The Role of euripides hippolytus, Parole . in online, Criminal Justice * What is parole and why are we interested in something that most Americans have little knowledge of? Does the American society understand what parole is or do they assume that parolees fit the wordsworth poetry general criminal stereotype? Is this a system even something that is worth the time invested or are we “beating a dead horse” by continuing it? * . Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 2740 Words | 7 Pages. Probation: Prison and Federal Prisoners Returning. Emily Arochi Probation CJS/230 May 8, 2011 Probation is courses social work, a type of sentence for criminal defendants.

Probation . allows a convicted defendant to robert, go free with a suspended sentence for a specified duration during good behavior. Online Courses Social Work. Probationers are placed under the supervision of a probation officer and must fulfill certain conditions. If the probationer violates a condition of probation , the court may place additional restrictions on the probationer or order the probationer to serve a term of imprisonment. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 817 Words | 3 Pages. The Daily Duties of a Probation Officer Reggie Haag Everest University Have you ever wondered what the daily duties of a . Probation Officer are? Well I am going to tell you what some of them are in this paper. But, first let me give you a brief history on what made me pick this topic. When I was 20 years old I got into a little bit of legal trouble and was put on englehart thesis probation for online courses social work, two years.

When that happened I thought that my life was over. But, my probation officer told me that as. Alcoholism , Category , Criminal law 880 Words | 3 Pages. Pros and Cons of Utilizing Private Probation in Idaho. matter of private misdemeanor probation and to provide a recommendation for or against it. In doing research for this I reviewed the State of . Georgia who currently provides private probation services to performance essay, clients with misdemeanor charges.

I also looked at online social the controversy that is performance, happening right now in Idaho with the current probation services. Georgia advisory council records show that a high percentage of probation cases are successfully closed through private probation , and that many sentencing Judges. Boise, Idaho , Criminal law , Felony 766 Words | 3 Pages. Models of Parole Release Decisions. Statutes have typically directed parole boards to base their decisions on online courses one or more of these criteria's, the probability of recidivism, the . welfare of society, the conduct of the offender while in the correctional institution, and lastly the effectiveness of the parole plan. Three models that guide the parole decision making have existed over time are, the surveillance model, the procedural justice model, and lastly the risk prediction model. Early parole decisions were based not on formal policies. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 925 Words | 3 Pages. How Probation amp; Juvenile Probation are Different 12/2/2012 Harrison College Nikki N. Robinson . Probation is sentence where a convict is released from confinement but is magwitch essay, still under court supervision; a testing or a trial period.

Probation can be given in lieu of a prison term or can suspend a prison sentence if the convict has consistently demonstrated good behavior. (The Free Dictionary , 1981-2005) The status of a convicted person who is online courses social, given some freedom on the condition that for. Crime , Criminal law , Felony 704 Words | 3 Pages. Problems and Challenges Facing Probation. An Overview of the Parole System and its Problems Overcrowding in both state and federal prisons has been a major problem facing the hippolytus . corrections system. There have been many ways to try and stop the online social overcrowding, but it is essays, still a problem to this day. Parole is just one strategy that has helped with this problem.

The first actual type of parole was introduced by Alexander Maconochie in 1840. It was a primitive system and the first actual system of parole was introduced in 1846 by Sir Walter Crofton. Corrections , Criminal law , Parole 1640 Words | 5 Pages. Parole is a highly controversial issue in Australia and around the world. A likely cause for this controversy is the online social work general public?s ignorance . of the specifics where parole is concerned. Any casual observation of a local newspaper or current affairs program on TV will likely result in the discovery of a member of the public?s opinion of crime and criminals and the criminal justice system in general, and what they believe to literature essays, be wrong with it and no doubt suggestions on courses social work how to fix it. Hippolytus. These opinions. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 2521 Words | 7 Pages. Probation: Crime and California College Attended. John Augustus is credited with being the father of online, probation . Theatre Performance. A Boston shoemaker, Augustus spent his spare time observing what took place in work, . the theatre essay courts.

Disturbed that minor offenders and common drunks were often forced to remain in courses work, jail because they had no money to pay off their fines, he convinced authorities to let him pay their fines and offered them friendly supervision. When the defendants later came into court for sentencing, Augustus would report on literature essays his progress toward reformation. Augustus. Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 938 Words | 3 Pages. ? Probation and Punishment Xavian Deniz Introduction to Criminal Justice Prof. Robert Hammes Law and order are two words . that keep our society from collapsing on its self. We the American people have our freedom to do what ever we want; we can purse any career, go down to your favorite restaurant and order whatever you want. We have these freedoms because people fought for them many years ago, so that we wouldn’t be under rule or dictatorship. Many people take our freedom for granted. Capital punishment , Corrections , Crime 1136 Words | 6 Pages.

trial on August 12th 1982. He has been in jail serving his life sentence for the past 25 years. In July 2006, Olsen now 66, had the opportunity to online work, present . Theatre. his case to the supreme court of justice, including a jury, of why he should be released on probation . In 1981, Olsen was suspected to be one of Canada’s largest murderers of his time. In British Columbia he had tortured, raped and killed anywhere from 80-200 bodies but the RCMP had only found and identified eleven. During his time in prison. Capital punishment , Crime , Criminal law 528 Words | 2 Pages. ? Probation and Juvenile Justice December 10, 2013 Probation and Juvenile Justice Brittany . Anderson Fort Hays State University Abstract This paper will include information regarding the courses social work history of the juvenile justice system. I will discuss issues regarding juveniles that lead to englehart thesis, the development of the juvenile court. Courses Social Work. I will also discuss how probation was developed and the roles of the probation officer in thesis, regards to juveniles. Courses Social. I will also talk about the.

Childhood , Children , Common law 1982 Words | 6 Pages. Illegal Searches of Prisoners and Those on Parole and performance Probation. Illegal Searches of Prisoners and work those on Parole and Probation Outline I. Introduction II. On Imprisonment, . Parole and Probation III. Purpose and Legality of thesis, Searches IV. Social. Illegal Searches in theatre performance essay, the Case of courses social work, Prisoners, Parolees and Probationers V. Conclusion VI. Theatre Essay. References I. Introduction The criminal justice system works in such a way that certain behavior or actions are legislated as a criminal offense wherein the online courses social work state or the federal government can prosecute an on william wordsworth poetry offender even. Crime , Criminal law , Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution 2812 Words | 8 Pages.

? Juvenile Probation Tonya DeLana Chambers Argosy University Juvenile Corrections Professor Tunisia Staten May 11. 2015 Juvenile . Courses Work. Probation My local juvenile probation department has taken care of a number of different cases. Everything from alcohol offenses to unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. It has taken care of cases involving truancy, vandalism, possession of marijuana, burglary, also runaways, possession of a weapon, and resisting an officer without violence to englehart thesis, name just a few. Courses Social Work. There. Angeles National Forest , Crime , Criminal law 1020 Words | 5 Pages.

Probation officer jobs involve providing supervision to persons who have been placed on probation by the courts. Many first time . offenders who have been convicted of a crime are placed on probation rather than sentenced to magwitch essay, a prison term. The goal of probation officers is to monitor the acidity of online courses work, offenders so that they do not engage in any further criminal behavior. Probation officers provide this oversight by meeting regularly with the offender as well as family members. Rather than requiring offenders. Crime , Criminal law , Employment 730 Words | 3 Pages. PAROLE SHOULD BE ABOLISHED The procedure known as parole in the criminal justice system has been in practice in the United . Essays. States since the online courses social work late 1800's when it was begun in a reformatory in Elmira, New York. It's process provides for early conditional release from prison for convicted felons, after part of their prison sentence has been served, and they are found to be eligible for parole based on factors such as: conduct while incarcerated, rehabilitative efforts/progress, type of offense, and. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 1715 Words | 4 Pages. as langue and essay parole . What does langue mean? It’s the system of a language, the ideal form of a language, the system of communication in . speech and writing that is used by people of a particular country.

Langue is used to express the voice of the complex and the most important of human communication tool. Language is work, abstract and stable. It’s“All the term (the use of language) that use individual memory to euripides, keep in the minds--- the sum of the image.” What does parole mean? It’s the. Applied linguistics , Ferdinand de Saussure , Language 1114 Words | 3 Pages. Over Crowding in Our Prison System Vs. Courses Social. Parole.

? Over Crowding in robert creeley, Our Prison System Vs. Parole Unit 6 Project CM 107 If asked about the number of online courses, inmates in the United States . prison system, one may be surprised to learn that the robert collected number has grown by 261 percent in the last 29 years. According to the Bureau for Justice Statistics, the number of adult federal and state prison inmates increased from 139 per online courses work, 100,000 residents in poetry, 1980 to online, 502 per collected essays, 100,000 in 2009. Over two million Americans are now incarcerated in social, prisons or jails and the. Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 1033 Words | 3 Pages. Langue and Parole John Phillips The distinction between the French words, langue (language or tongue) and parole (speech), . enters the vocabulary of theoretical linguistics with Ferdinand de Saussure’s Course in General Linguistics, which was published posthumously in 1915 after having been collocated from euripides student notes.

La langue denotes the abstract systematic principles of a language, without which no meaningful utterance ( parole ) would be possible. The Course manifests a shift from the search. Ferdinand de Saussure , Jacques Derrida , Jacques Lacan 2116 Words | 6 Pages. Institutional Clients – Prisoner Re-Entry and Parole. IP5 - Institutional Clients – Prisoner Re-Entry and Parole By: Michaelle Anderson CJUS263-1301A-03: American Corrections February 10, 2013 . I. Classification: Proper classification is crucial to the efficient and safe operation of any prison facility. Although there are a variety of classification systems throughout corrections, they each are used in social work, order to asses, manage, treat and ultimately return offenders to general society.

The classification system not only provides proper placement. Crime , Criminal law , Parole 1918 Words | 5 Pages. ? Job Analysis Paper Job Analysis of Probation Officers PSY/435 By XXXXXXXXXXXXX Introduction This . paper will give some insight on the functional job analysis for the job of an investigative analyst. Theatre Performance Essay. It will discuss the courses social work ways in creeley, which a functional job analysis can be used in an organization. This paper will also evaluate the various performance assessment methods and how they can be useful to the position of an investigative analyst. This paper will conclude.

Assessment , Decision making , Employment 1408 Words | 5 Pages. Mandatory Life without Parole for Juveniles. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Currently, over 2,500 people are serving a life sentence without the option of parole for crimes committed as adolescents. . Fortunately, this policy is not considered in all states. Twelve states have discontinued life sentences without the option of parole for juveniles. Almost two- thirds of life without parole sentences for juveniles (JLWOP) happens in five states. Online Courses. Seventy-three children were ages 13 or 14 at time that their crime was committed. Research has been conducted that.

Capital punishment , Crime , Life imprisonment 1989 Words | 7 Pages.

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
Where Can I Find Free Online Social Work Courses? - Learn org

8 Ways to Make a Great First Impression at an Interview. Katie Douthwaite Wolf. When you’re prepping for an interview, your focus is online social work, probably on the tough questions you’ll face , the collected essays thorough responses you’ll give, and online courses social work, the professional-yet-slightly-witty anecdotes you’ll tell. After all, that’s what the bulk of the interview is about—and what will (hopefully) get you a fast pass to an offer letter. Creeley Collected. But before you even get the chance to deliver those impeccably thought-out answers, you’ll already have all eyes on you, evaluating your potential to fit the job and the company. From the moment you walk in social work the door, the pressure’s on: You have to make a stellar first impression. Before you head into your next interview, check out these eight tips to make sure you’re presenting yourself in the right light and setting yourself up for the most successful interview possible. You’ve heard it a million times: “If you’re early, you’re on time; if you’re on theatre essay time, you’re late.” Being punctual should be a given —especially when your dream job is on the line. Social. But no matter how many times you’ve heard it, it’s worth mentioning again: Show up on time. Running late?

Call as soon as possible to let your interviewers know. They’ll appreciate it much more than if you offer up a lame excuse after they've already been waiting for 30 minutes. Your appearance probably won’t be the essay basis of the interviewer’s final decision—but it can certainly play a part in how you’re first perceived . When you show up in a neatly pressed suit and scuff-less shoes with a portfolio in online tow, you’ll come across as professional and well put-together. If, on the other hand, you’re dressed down a few notches more casual than everyone else in the office, juggling your briefcase, purse, umbrella, and a stack of resumes, you’re probably not going to exude the same sense of professionalism. Euripides Essay. A jolt of caffeine may be necessary for courses work you to get pumped up for your impending meeting, but don’t bring your paper cup inside the office to finish off the last few sips. Sure, it doesn’t seem like a huge deal (who doesn’t drink coffee in the workplace?)—but you probably don’t want your first interaction with your potential employer (or even the receptionist) to be anything along the lines of, “Hey, you got a trash can back there?” The same goes for other non-essentials, like the granola bar you’re polishing off or the gum you forgot to spit out. They may not be the kiss of death—but they’re not going to put you in magwitch essay the most favorable light. Online Courses Social. The person at euripides, the front desk may not be the online courses work hiring manager—but that doesn’t mean his or her impression of you doesn’t matter. In fact, some companies specifically ask their front desk attendants to chinese literature essays report back on the demeanor of interviewees who come through the courses social door. And that likely plays a role in the ultimate hiring decision—so it’s important to magwitch essay treat that person as well as you’ll treat your interviewer.

It’s a natural tendency to pull out online courses your smartphone any time you have to wait: in line at the grocery store, during commercials, while you wait for the vending machine to dispense your Diet Coke—you get the picture. But if you’re waiting in the lobby, don’t automatically default to your phone. Instead, take that time to look over your resume (or All-in-One Prep Guide ) and robert essays, think through what you want to convey during your interview. Then, when your interviewer makes his or her appearance, you won’t be caught off guard, shutting down Angry Birds and online courses social work, stuffing your phone back into your briefcase. 6. Theatre. Have Everything Neat, Organized, and online courses work, Accessible. You can be certain that, within the first few minutes of your meeting, your interviewer will ask for a copy of your updated resume. But if you have to dig through your bag past candy wrappers, phone chargers, and old receipts, you’re going to magwitch essay look a little unorganized. To make the best first impression, everything you need should be neatly organized and readily accessible: You should be able to pull out your resume, references, and even a pen (one that’s not completely mangled) on command. The less you have to rifle through your bag, the better. When you’re a guest at your potential employer’s office, you probably expect that they’ll make the first move when it comes to introductions. And while that may end up being true, don’t be afraid to extend your hand first for that introductory handshake.

With just that small gesture, you’re conveying that you’re excited to be there, ready to jump into your interview, confident, and online courses social, self-assured. After the chinese initial introductions have been made, solidify your stellar first impression by making a connection with the interviewer . Online Courses Social. It doesn’t have to be something big—just a commonality that will get your foot in the door and start your conversation out on a this-just-might-work kind of vibe. Maybe the degree hanging on his office wall sparks that connection (“Oh, you went to chinese literature the University of Florida? I’m a Gator, too!”), or the courses social work award perched on her bookshelf (“I ran the Boston marathon last year, too. Magwitch Essay. How’d you do?”). Don’t see anything conversation-worthy? Dig into courses work, some small talk a little deeper: How long has the interviewer lived in the area? Where did he or she move from?

Draw out details that will get you that “in” (Oh, you moved from magwitch essay Atlanta? I lived there a few years back—isn’t traffic on online social 285 the magwitch essay worst?”) It doesn’t have to courses social be a major connection—but finding that one thing to chat about magwitch essay, before getting down to business will put both of you at ease. These tips alone may not win you the job—but they can certainly get you a little closer. When you start your interview out on the right foot, you’ll be able to face the tough questions with confidence. And that could be your key to your new job. Photo of online courses social man at euripides essay, interview courtesy of online courses social Shutterstock . After beginning a career in creeley collected essays management, Katie realized she wasn’t doing what she loved and work, determined it was time for performance essay a major career transition.

Now, as a staff writer/editor for The Muse and a content marketing writer for a healthcare IT company, she gets to do what she loves every day—write and edit content ranging from demand generation campaigns to online courses career advice. Her career and management content has been published on Forbes, Mashable, Business Insider, Inc., and Newsweek. Find her on Twitter @kgwolfie. Hmmm, seems you#39;ve already signed up for this class. While you#39;re here, you may as well check out all the amazing companies that are hiring like crazy right now.

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
Social Work Courses Online - Social Work Classes | Alison

English and Comparative Literary Studies. This handbook is a guide that I’m hoping will enable you. Courses. It is essays, geared, in particular, towards the seventeenth-century literature and culture module but I hope you will find it useful at online other times too. I would like to stress, though, that it is essay, not the only way to do things. Courses Social Work. It may be that you have much better ideas about what makes for a successful essay and have tried and tested methods of executing your research. Englehart. There isn’t necessarily a right way and so I hope you will not see this as proscriptive and limiting. You should talk to courses social, all your tutors about what makes for a good essay to creeley essays, get a sense of the online courses social, different ways that you might construct an essay.

1. Essay writing (p.2) 2. Close reading (p. 4) 4. Constructing an argument (p. On William Wordsworth Poetry. 8) 5. Courses Social Work. Help with this particular assessment (p. 9) 6. Essays. Grade descriptions (p. Courses. 10) 1. ESSAY WRITING (and historicist writing in particular)

Essay writing has four stages: reading, planning, writing and proof-reading. Excepting the last, you may not find that they are not particularly discrete but rather interlinked and thesis, mutually informative. Courses Work. If any stage is skipped or done badly, though, it will impair your work. 1) Read the text and make sure you understand it. Use the Oxford English Dictionary online to look up any words you don’t understand or if they are operating in an unfamiliar context.

Available on the Warwick web: http://www.oed.com. 2) Do a close reading. Make a list technical features (cf. the euripides essay, page in this booklet entitled ‘close reading’; refer to online work, the section on poetic form in the back of essay wordsworth poetry, your Norton Anthologies pp. 2944-52). Ask yourself: ‘how does the text achieve its effects?’ Then ask yourself: ‘how do those poetic effects relate to the meaning of the text?’. 3) Do some research, particularly on the historical theme, period, cultural group that you’re interested in. You could begin with a general history and then do a literature search for more specialist books and articles. It may help you to narrow your research to a particular theme or idea that is suggested, hopefully by your reading in 1) and 2). Rather than trying to find out about the whole of seventeenth-century culture, limit your research to the restoration, cavalier culture, medicine, the online, family or whatever. (See the handout on research).

4) Be careful when you take notes so that you will make no mistake, when you come to writing and referencing your work, about what is your work and what is someone else’s. Read and be clear about the university’s rules on plagiarism which are laid out in the blue booklet ‘Essay Writing and Scholarly Practice’ which you can get from the general office. 1) Begin by making a spider plan of all your ideas and the relationships between them. IF YOU DON'T LIKE SPIDERS FORGET THIS BIT. 2) Then write out a paragraph (which you will not include in your essay necessarily) called ‘MY LINE OF ARGUMENT’. This will be information to yourself (so it can be very boringly and functionally written) about what you intend to say. Magwitch Essay. Ideally this should be a single big idea, which you can sustain for the length of the essay, made up of courses social, stages that can be demonstrated with reference to the passage in question.

It may well be that you want to write something similar to this ‘line of theatre performance, argument’ paragraph, only in a more dynamic and elegant way, for your introduction. See the page entitled ‘constructing an social work, argument’ that has an example of a ‘line of argument’ paragraph. 3) Then write out literature essays a linear plan of your essay with a logical ARGUMENT, an argument that is assertively stated and online courses social work, then proved through the course of your piece. Literature. TIP: try not to separate out style, content and context; discuss them together to show how the relate to one another. You are aiming to produce something that identifies and describes both the online courses, wood and euripides essay, the trees; indeed, the trees are your evidence for online work the existence of the essay wordsworth poetry, wood!

You need to social, put together a big argument out of lots of bits of evidence. 1) Everyone has his or her own way of writing. Euripides Hippolytus Essay. I sometimes find it easier to write the middle of the essay first and then come to the introduction last, which is perhaps the hardest bit to write. You may find that your ideas change and are worked out more fully as you start to write. In which case go back to B) and produce another plan. Present your ideas as a finished thought, rather than a thought process. 2) Keep yourself closely to your argument by imagining your reader. Perhaps a friend, a tutor or a parent might serve: imagine them behind you as you write asking ‘SO WHAT?’, making you insist on its relevance and trying to prove a particular point. Imagine that you are a newspaper editor writing a polemic, trying to convince your readership of a particular point of view. 3) Inventing a title and writing an introduction. Courses Social. You should try to make your essay interesting to essay on william wordsworth, an examiner.

Which do you think is the best of these three titles: ‘Aphra Behn’s Oroonoko’; ‘Discuss the question of race in Aphra Behn’s Oroonoko’; ‘The “gallant slave”: the idea of the noble savage in Aphra Behn’s Oroonoko’. Similarly with the online, introduction. The first sentence should grab the theatre essay, examiner immediately. Which is a better first sentence: ‘Aphra Behn’s Oroonoko was published in 1688 and is a prose work about Surinam’; ‘At the heart of Aphra Behn’s Oroonoko stands the deep paradox of the online courses work, ‘royal slave’. 4) Using secondary literary criticism. Magwitch Essay. It is, of course, good to read lots and to incorporate that reading into your work. Work. What you are attempting to do, though, is to position your independently arrived at ideas in relation to other critics in theatre essay, the field. You shouldn’t be deferential or let the online courses work, ideas of others drag you off course. You should USE other people’s work in the service of your own argument.

For example, you might disagree with a critic; you might apply their theory about one text to another; you might say that their work hasn’t gone far enough in its assessment. Never use a quotation from someone else to clinch an argument: just because someone famous has said x or y it doesn’t mean that it’s necessarily true. I sometimes find it useful to write a draft of my paper that includes no secondary reading at performance essay all, basing it just on my general knowledge of the critical field. I then do some detailed research in secondary criticism before writing a second draft. This means that the agenda is online social, not dictated by other scholars, and ensures that I use them rather than becoming their spokeswoman. Make sure, of course, that all your reading is properly referenced to avoid a charge of plagiarism. 1) Check the spelling: in particular the names of the on william poetry, author and the text that you’re looking at work MUST be spelled correctly. 2) Check your punctuation. If you don’t know how to use particular punctuation marks please get a book and learn how. Thesis. In particular the misuse of apostrophes is courses, deeply irritating to an examiner. The Collins gem guides are really good also Lynne Truss, Eats, Shoots and hippolytus essay, Leaves is fun and informative.

3) Make sure that you get hold of the blue booklet, ‘Essay Writing and social, Scholarly Practice’, from the general office. You must use the reference guide in there. I favor the MHRA guidelines; you may prefer the essay on william wordsworth, MLA style. If you do reference a website it is online social work, best to put it in a footnote rather than the englehart thesis, text were it looks ugly. You should always include some close detailed analysis of the social work, literary text(s) that you’re discussing in your essay. This demonstrates your sensitivity to essays, the forms, textures and ideological purpose of language. You should aim to show the relationship between form and meaning, between the text and its world. Before you can put together an online, argument about the relationship between a text and its time you will need to do some close reading, compiling a list of technical features in a text or an excerpt from a text. Choose excerpts that relate to themes or passages that interest you. Theatre Performance. Then you can develop a checklist of features to courses, look for. Use this as a guide but you may want to add to, or amend it.

*** What you see will be very different from what other people see. Chinese Literature. So, although it looks like a slightly dry exercise, this is where your ideas, your originality will come from. Close reading, in any module, will make your essays sparkle. *** #61623; Prose, drama or poetry? #61623; Genre? (e.g. is it panegyric, epic, restoration comedy or what ever) #61623; Does it remind you of anything? Can you compare or contrast it with something of a similar date? Or, alternatively, compare it with something of a similar genre from the previous or next decade, for example, in order to investigate change over time. #61623; Poetry: metre, rhythm and online social work, rhyme. Chinese Literature. Look at the section on poetic form at the back of the Norton Anthology (p.

2944) and other guides. Don’t just describe metre etc but ask yourself how it works in that particular passage. How are units of meaning created by courses social the line divisions? When a poet downplays or emphasizes a particular word through positioning it in essay wordsworth poetry, a particular way, what effect does it have? How does the poet manage tone, pace and register with his use of rhyme and rhythm? iF THESE FEATURES ARE NOT IMPORTANT IN YOUR PIECE IGNORE THEM. #61623; Drama: look at the length / speed of the speeches, the stage directions, the entrances and exits.

#61623; Prose: rhetorical features and clause structure are the things to look out for in particular. Are the sentences complex or simple? Is it in hypotaxis or parataxis? What about word order and syntax, is there anything unusual or unexpected there? #61623; What is the overall structure of the passage / text? Are there abrupt changes or a progression from one idea to another? #61623; What other structures are there? Symmetries, comparisons and contrasts, digressions, asides, repetition. Is there any dialogue? Are the arguments circular or progressive?

#61623; Are there any words you don’t fully understand? If you aren’t in a closed exam you could look them up in the Oxford English Dictionary online. This would also give you a sense of the other meanings that that word might have. Are there any puns? #61623; Think about grammatical features: tenses, conditional constructions, the social work, passive voice. Is the passage in the first, second or third person? Perhaps there are tense or person shifts; what effect do these produce? #61623; Look out for predominance: several superlatives or comparative adjectives and adverbs; a lot of words that mean a similar thing, repetitions of possessive pronouns or what ever. #61623; What kind of language is being used? i.e. what register is it in? Is it elevated or earthy, legal or lyrical, rhetorical or religious? Why?

#61623; Look for particular rhetorical features: metaphor and magwitch essay, simile, hyperbole and litotes, personification, metonymy and online courses work, so on. #61623; Look at punctuation (but be careful: it could be the intervention of a printer or a later editor). Look out for: enjambment, parentheses, direct speech? When the punctuation is sparse, why? Is it because there is a proliferation of performance, conjunctions that resist punctuation like, for example, the word ‘and’. This may indicate parataxis or a very conversational style. #61623; Look out for allusions and references, often to the bible or classical stories.

If you don’t know them and you’re not in a closed exam, look them up in a reference dictionary or on the internet. #61623; What is the tone of the passage? Is it homiletic, comic, anxious, melancholy or ironic? How is this effect created? #61623; Where else does that poet use similar phrases, ideas, patterns and images? What does it say about his or her concerns and art? TIP: Don’t make simple associations between sense and online courses social work, sound. For example, whilst there are a lot of warm words that begin with ‘m’ (like, for example, milkmaid, mother, magic etc) there are also some, like ‘malice’, ‘muscular’, ‘murder’ which evoke quite different associations. You then need to think how those technical features, which you’ve noted construct the meaning of the essay, passage / text. Do not think about form and content as separate things as if form were a kind of cloak in which meaning is dressed: they are organically connected. Above and beyond that you will also need to online, think about how that text (both its form and creeley essays, its meaning) relate to online courses social, the particular concerns and fashions (literary, political, philosophical etc) of its time.

You might think about the way in which repeated ideas in magwitch essay, your text / excerpt link to online social, significant contemporary discourses. Look for substituted vocabularies: i.e. when love / sex is robert collected, discussed with the language of money / credit for example. Courses Work. Could that be related to prevailing economic trends and ideas? When you are constructing your ARGUMENT and writing your essay, consult your close reading list. Not everything there will be relevant to robert essays, your ARGUMENT; you only want to include the things that relate, that offer evidence for a particular point of view about how the text is placed culturally, politically, socially and / or historically. Research is crucial for online courses any essay and requires a certain amount of essays, initiative. You will partly have to learn by trial and error. Here are a few tips and ideas, though.

Read both narrowly (and address the theme of your essay) and also widely. So if you are, for example, researching infanticide, also research the family or law / crime. When you research a context it might be worth look at the work of philosophers, painters, and theologians and see what they were saying / doing in work, this period. An essay which looked at the early modern patriarchal family in essay wordsworth, the light of Robert Filmer’s political tract Patriarchia, for work example, would be much more interesting than one that only looked at euripides hippolytus essay modern historians’ account of the early modern family. An essay that discussed the panegyric written to, or on a particular king, alongside the portraits that were painted of online courses work, him could also be very suggestive. EEBO might be very useful here at helping you to find out about, say, sermon culture or advice literature. Theatre Essay. (look at the last page of this booklet for some help here). Think of some the areas, themes, historical moments, authors and ideas that you want to online work, find out about.

List them as key words. For example: Aphra Behn, Oroonoko, race, royalism, restoration, early modern, colonialism, slavery etc Do not be limited here. Think of terms / phrases that will give you some background too. How about euripides hippolytus ‘cheap print’, ‘renaissance politics’ etc Then begin on the computer. Be careful of stuff that you find on the ordinary WWW. It is not usually very reliable. Often this is online courses, stuff that people can’t publish in proper books. Use it is a guide and be very critical. 1) http://www.jstor.org (through the Warwick network only).

Here you can read articles from essay wordsworth poetry, reputable, peer-reviewed journals on courses social work line. Wordsworth Poetry. An excellent starting point. Courses. Try various combinations of theatre performance essay, your search terms in online courses, either the Basic search (will give you hundreds of items) or in the advanced search form (which will give you much narrower and probably more useful stuff. Try it out; go to euripides, the advanced search form: A) In the courses social work, box marked ‘All of englehart, these words’ insert the word ‘Behn’. Then tick the box marked ‘title’ and then also the box marked ‘article’. Press the ‘Search’ button. See if you can identify any articles with a particularly historicist bent. B) In the box marked ‘All of these words’ insert the online social, words ‘White’ and ‘Black’ and ‘England’. In the box marked ‘exact phrase’ enter ‘Seventeenth-century’.

Press search and magwitch essay, see what you get out. Try other, similar search terms. C) In the box marked ‘All of online social work, these words’ insert the word ‘Royalist’. In the thesis, box marked ‘at least one of these words’ enter the words ‘print culture’. Online Social Work. Perhaps limit to articles by checking the on william wordsworth poetry, relevant tick box. Online Courses Work. Press search and englehart, see if any of those are useful. [you will see that sometimes you have to online courses social work, do some considerable sifting to on william wordsworth, find good things.]

2) The Modern Language Association of America database direct access from the Warwick network at: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/library/electronicresources/databases/#m. The bibliographic databases are listed alphabetically so scroll down to ‘M’. Social. Select ‘MLA’. This will give you the reference only (although Warwick may provide a link to the on-line journal). You may find that some of the things that are listed you won’t be able to get because Warwick doesn’t subscribe to englehart, that journal or perhaps the item is a doctoral dissertation from social work, another institution. Don’t worry, you’re not expected to read everything under the essays, sun. Leave those things that you can’t get. Try it out: put in the search terms ‘Aphra’, ‘Behn’ and ‘race’ into the keywords box.

Press search and see what you get. 3) Historical abstracts: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/library/subjects/arts/elecresources/#databases_internet. Again, use this database to help you compile a list of articles or books that you could look at either on-line, if Warwick has a link, or in courses, the library. Ignore the things that you can’t get hold of. A) Put the search terms ‘restoration’, ‘race’ and ‘England’ into the keywords box.

Press search. B) Put the search terms ‘early modern’ and ‘print culture’ into the keywords box. Press search. Magwitch Essay. Again you will have to decide what’s useful / relevant. 4) Use the library catalogue, don’t limit yourself to books about English. Put in search terms that will give you books on online courses social work the historical background that you’re looking for. Once you have found one book on the shelf look around in that same area for others that will be related by subject. 5) Look on your reading list for hippolytus essay general background books. CONSTRUCTING AN ARGUMENT.

Producing a successful argument is a process that has a number of stages. Often you will understand your argument better after you have started writing. It is important that you go back and re-plan your work, taking into account your new findings. You will need to develop a provisional thesis, however, so that you have somewhere to courses, start: a focus for your close reading and research. You don’t need to argue that history is important for the study of literature. You can take that as a given and move on to say something a bit more sophisticated about essay on william how the courses, particular poem / play or prose piece you’re working on intersects with a particular set of events or ideas in a specific historical moment.

A good argument should be fairly specific rather than general and comprehensive. In particular, when writing a historicist essay, do not list the essay, ways in which one text is embedded in online courses social, its period. Instead choose one of those ways and research it in more depth. So, rather than writing about, say, Ben Jonson’s interest in Anabaptists, Spanishness, alchemy, the plague, etc in The Alchemist, choose one of euripides hippolytus essay, these themes and find out online courses work about it in the historiography of the seventeenth century and couple this research with a close reading of those sections of the play that treat that theme. Your readings of the text and the history of the times should suggest your detailed argument. Don’t think of your argument first and then try to press it onto the play or poem you’re interested in; allow your idea to grow out of chinese essays, your reading. Below is online social, my best attempt at a LINE OF ARGUMENT for an essay on Rochester and Milton.

Again, I should stress that this is only by way of demonstration what I would do. This is very different from what you would do. There is no one way and your ideas will be as interesting / valid as mine. Don’t think that you have to essay on william wordsworth, produce something the same, or even necessarily similar I have done this just to give you an example of what I mean. I have tried to construct an argument which uses both close reading and historical context. Imagining the online social, future in the restoration: a critical comparison of the poetry of John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester and chinese, John Milton. Line of Argument: This essay will argue that Rochester’s poetry is not only everywhere fascinated by time, regularly exploring what it is and courses social work, how it operates, but that this interest betrays his sophisticated engagement with contemporary political philosophy. It will closely interrogate the wordsworth poetry, forms of several of Rochester’s time-related poems for their political sensibilities. It will then contrast those poetic forms and political sensibilities with those in online social, the poetry of John Milton and especially Paradise Regained. Milton as I shall show with the theatre essay, use of historical evidence is very differently socially and politically placed, indeed at the other end of the ideological spectrum from the Earl of Rochester.

I shall show that the difference is one of dispossession (Rochester) and online courses social work, providence (Milton). Magwitch Essay. Rochester’s narrators exist in fear of, and subject to an arbitrary and absolute future; Milton’s Paradise Regained, on online the other hand, asks an imagined republican reader to wait in anticipation of a future in which God will deliver their political success. Essay On William. I shall explore the way in which Rochester’s pessimism the idea and tone of dispossession in his poetry and Milton’s optimism the online courses social, visionary quality of his providential allegory stand in contrast to the respective fortunes of the political groups to which those poets actually belonged and at on william poetry the particular times when the poems I’m discussing here were written and published: i.e. Rochester’s being part of the online courses social work, royal court and Milton’s being displaced from his office at the restoration of Charles II. Robert Collected. This will arrive at, by way of conclusion, the demonstrable sadness of some of Rochester’s verse which indicates the complex circumspection with which he viewed his own aristocratic, political community and its limited expectations of monarchical authority. HELP FOR THIS PARTICULAR ASSESSMENT. Details of what you are expected to do are on the departmental website at: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/english/undergrad/modules/second/en228/assessedessay2/

There you will find a list of texts and details of how to find them on EEBO (Early English Books Online). Online Courses Social Work. Their website is at: http://eebo.chadwyck.com/home. You need to literature, download those texts, read them and then choose one to write about. You could also read the essays, published on the EEBO website, by previous Warwick students that have won prizes for their attempts at online courses social work this assignment. http://www.lib.umich.edu/tcp/eebo/edu/edu_win_03.html. You might also use EEBO in your essay research. Try the subject list in particular. If you get yourself to englehart thesis, the search form at online courses work http://eebo.chadwyck.com/search you can click on the link marked ‘select from robert creeley, a list’ next to the subject keyword box. This has all sorts of interesting categories: look up, for example, ‘anti-catholicism’ or ‘restoration’, ‘credit’ or ‘murder’. I would like you to do what you can in terms of placing the text of online courses social work, your choice, and researching it. Then I’d like you to come and magwitch essay, see me at the end of online courses, term with a title and euripides hippolytus, a line of argument. You could also, if you wish, bring a longer essay plan.

This is social work, Isabel talking to her group. We will all be available on email over the holidays--do ask. Theatre Performance Essay. Gabriel won't be here after the holidays--he lives in London--but do come and see me, his group, if you need a person to talk to. USING THE OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY. The OED can be found online (through the Warwick network) at http://www.oed.com.

When we read an edited text we often have a helpful gloss which an editor has provided so that words and phrases that we don’t understand are defined for us. In this assignment you will have to put together that gloss for yourself and the best way to start to online courses work, do that is with the OED. The OED is an extraordinary resource that will give you assistance in all sorts of ways. Creeley Essays. For example: a) it will obviously help you to understand words which you don’t understand or unusual applications. It will also help you to find obsolete and dialect words. b) it will help you to see how words have changed their meanings or emphases over time. c) it will help you to online courses work, identify puns.

There may be sexual or religious connotations to a particular word that we may have lost. Some times our modern definitions will co-exist with old, and now obsolete meanings. d) it will tell you the earliest use of englehart, a particular word. This is useful for working out which of several definitions might apply to the word you’re looking at. Look at the examples, that is the quotations that are given, and note their dates.

It may be that you find that the word was new or recently borrowed from another language. Click the ‘date chart’ button to see the uses represented on online courses a time line. It may be that you will find that a word is used differently and in different contexts at different points of the seventeenth century: what might the use of a particular word / phrase tell us about an author’s engagement with political, historical or sociological movements? e) Look at the etymology: this might tell you about how the performance, text you’re looking at engages with particular fashions or imperial encounters. Look up, for example, ‘chocolate’ where does the word come from? At what period does it come into the language?

f) the examples given in the dictionary will also help you to courses social, see how other contemporaries used the magwitch essay, word or phrase you’re interested in, and in what sort of contexts it came up. Online Courses. In this way it can operate as a concordance. You should investigate the concordances available in the library, by the way. Thesis. Similarly they will give you a sense of how a particular word or phrase is used elsewhere. You should use the OED not just to look up words that you don’t understand but also other words, especially those that are used in an unfamiliar way. You will find more interesting things if you look up lexical, rather than grammatical words. That means verbs, adjectives, adverbs and nouns rather than prepositions, articles and pronouns. You need to remember that there was no standard spelling in the early modern period; the move to standardize spelling did not occur until the middle of the eighteenth century.

This means that when you have a word you don’t understand it you may not get an adequate definition by putting it in exactly as it is into the OED search box. Try that first but if it isn’t found, or you get a definition that is not right (i.e. the courses work, examples indicate that its earliest use was a lot later than your text) you should try different spellings. In particular the vowels are often interchangeable. Try every vowel combination that you can think of. Try substituting ts and englehart thesis, cs, us and vs and other related consonants. Try out the OED. Look up the following words: how have their meanings have changed?

Where do the words come from? How were the courses social work, words used at euripides different points in history? And in the seventeenth century in particular? Department of English and Comparative Literary Studies, Humanities Building, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL.

Write My Research Paper -
List of Free Online Social Work Courses and Classes - Study com

CPP mis-selling – are you due £100s? For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 12m who get it. Don't miss out. Archived 31 Oct 2016. The official date for a huge redress scheme worth £1.3bn for people mis-sold products by online social, CPP has now closed, but you can still make a claim for essay on william wordsworth, old CPP policies.

If you think you were mis-sold either of the products before 2005, this guide will show how to courses work, complain to your bank and then escalate to the free Financial Ombudsman if you don't have any success. Did you have Sentinel Card Protection? There was a similar redress scheme to CPP set up for euripides, customers who were flogged worthless card security insurance to cover fraudulent credit card use by Sentinel. For more on online work, the scheme read the guide. CPP is a worldwide financial company. It has a variety of products, but there are two specific ones, sold alongside both debit and chinese literature essays, credit cards that were mis-sold: Card protection products: These allowed customers to online, call one number to have all lost and stolen cards stopped. Basically, CPP made a few phone calls for you. Englehart? (Use Cardsgone.com for an easy, free online alternative.) Plus, crucially, if your card was lost and stolen it would cancel it and cover you for courses social, fraud. ID fraud protection: This promised to give you reports about your identity (no great shakes – you’ve a statutory right to essay, a credit report for £2), and cover you for the risk and liability of having your identity stolen. CPP no longer sells these policies in online courses work the UK (though it still does elsewhere). Chinese Essays? It now focuses on card rescue – a revamped version of card protection without the insurance element – and Airport Angel, which gives access to airport lounges worldwide.

When you got a credit or debit card, there was an courses work ‘‘activation’’ sticker with a number to performance, call. Online Courses Social? This was a ruse to sell you the insurance. People thought they were talking to their bank to set up a card, but it was actually CPP. They were then told they needed £100,000 fraud protection cover; yet banks must cover fraud anyway, unless they can prove the customer was grossly negligent. In a nutshell, these major elements of the policy were virtually worthless. It doesn’t stop there. Some people were told they couldn’t cancel, the risk of ID fraud was overstated, it hiked prices without telling people, and it auto-renewed policies with no opportunity to cancel. Why did so many people fall for this?

Imagine that before you started reading this guide, someone offered to magwitch essay, sell you Martin Lewis punches you in the face insurance against courses work, the event that because you read it, he'd find you and smack you. Of course it's ludicrous. But, wouldn't you think there must be a reason they're selling this insurance? He must've done it before. They wouldn't be selling it unless there was a tangible, manifest risk. Now you've thought that, it starts to create a doubt. On William? Maybe you should get it, after all it's not that expensive, and peace of mind against being lamped on the nose is important. Sound ludicrous?

Well now turn it to a financial example, where people know less about the facts. Building fear, employing PR people to pump up ID fraud worries, helps sell policies. Millions signed up to courses work, CPP to theatre, protect against a conjured risk that sounded believable. Are CPP and PPI the same thing? CPP schemes promised to insure you from card or ID fraud. PPI covers loan, credit card and mortgage repayments if you can't repay due to accident, sickness or unemployment. The two are separate. You could have been mis-sold and reclaim both.

For more information on how to reclaim PPI, read the Reclaim PPI For Free guide. For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 10m who get it. Online Social? Don't miss out. Ask us questions and give your feedback. Report your card protection plan reclaiming successes and failures in our forum. Also let us know any extra questions you'd like us to answer. The CPP scheme was set up in January 2014 to refund anyone who bought a CPP policy – which was either card protection or ID fraud insurance – from January 2005. If you formed part of the redress scheme to chinese essays, get money back for online courses social work, those mis-sold after 2005, but weren't able to hippolytus, use the scheme as you didn't get a letter, you may still have a chance.

We contacted the Financial Ombudsman Service and it told us the following: If you haven’t been able to take part in online the redress scheme because you didn’t have a fair chance to creeley collected essays, sort it out online courses social, – for instance, you didn’t receive the essay on william wordsworth poetry letter, or you moved home and online social, the letter went to the old address, the Ombudsman may be able to help. If you think you should have been included or have any other concerns about the scheme, get in touch and we can answer your questions. If you think this applies to you, then follow the steps below for how to complain to magwitch essay, the Financial Ombudsman and you may still have a chance of getting your money back. The scheme covered policies that were mis-sold from January 2005, if you think you were mis-sold card or ID fraud protection from CPP or your bank before 2005, then you still have a right to reclaim your money back.

You can do this by complaining to your bank If you've switched bank since you were mis-sold, you will need to complain to the bank that originally mis-sold you the products and have the work paperwork to hand from that bank. These things are best done in writing, but if that's too difficult, don't worry about magwitch essay, calling. Just ask they note it down as a formal complaint, and also ask for written confirmation. To help, we've put together a template letter to start you off - download it and fill in online work the blanks (use it to help start you off, but the euripides hippolytus essay more you write it in your own words, the online courses better) : FREE template letter! Download our card protection reclaim letter. Magwitch Essay? Make sure you keep a copy. It'll be helpful if you go to online courses, the Ombudsman. We don't yet know banks' attitude to these complaints. But at the start of similar past reclaiming campaigns, such as PPI, banks rejected many cases the essay poetry Ombudsman later upheld.

They do this deliberately, as they know most people won't take it further. Often, the rejection sounds legally definite. Yet don't let that put you off. If you feel you were treated unfairly, if they reject you then it just enables you to contact the independent Financial Ombudsman. Banks have eight weeks to respond. If you're complaining to CPP directly, it's been given 16 weeks to respond. If you don't hear anything, or you're not happy with how it's dealt with your complaint, don't give up - go to social work, the next step. Escalate to the free Financial Ombudsman.

If you tried going to your bank and didn't have any success, whether or not you had a policy before or after 2005, don't assume that's the end of the matter. You have a right to take ANY complaint that's turned down to the independent Financial Ombudsman Service. This is the official body for settling disputes between individuals and financial companies. It's a free service that acts as an magwitch essay impartial adjudicator. Present it with the online work facts, and robert creeley, it'll decide whether the circumstances your protection plan was sold under were unfair. If it finds in your favour, it'll then decide what redress is required. In most successful mis-selling cases, this means a refund. BUT it's important to online courses, note it won't look at chinese your complaint until you've contacted your bank and given it eight weeks to respond.

Once you have a response, or haven't been given one within eight weeks, only online social, then will it be able to investigate your complaint. To get the englehart thesis ball rolling, you'll need to online courses social work, fill in englehart its complaints form below, which must be signed by social, hand and posted. Make sure you enclose any paperwork that backs up your case. As with the thesis first letter to the bank, which you could always copy and paste into courses work here, don't feel you have to essay on william wordsworth poetry, be formal. Explain the social point clearly, concisely and honestly, all in your own words, just as if you were explaining the situation to a friend. It's quite simple to fill in, though take care. If you need help filling this out, you can call it on 0300 123 9123 or 0800 023 4567, and hippolytus, it'll guide you through the claim, or use our step-by-step guide above. It's written in courses Microsoft Word so you can easily cut and chinese essays, paste sections or print it and have it next to work, you as you're filling in the Ombudsman's form. Sometimes this will take a long time.

Possibly around a year, but maybe even longer as the Ombudsman deals with huge numbers of complaints - especially with the current avalanche of euripides hippolytus PPI mis-selling issues. But don't worry - you can leave the online social matter to the Ombudsman to resolve and it will contact you with any offers from your lender. What happens if I get turned down by the Ombudsman? The Ombudsman's decision is usually made by an adjudicator. Thesis? If you disagree with the result, you can ask for courses social work, a formal decision to be made by one of the official ombudsmen at magwitch essay the service. This usually takes several months as it involves a detailed investigation, but don't be afraid to push your complaint if you think the initial decision isn't right. After that, while the finance company must accept the Ombudsman's decision, you still have the right to take the company to court if you don't agree with the result. It's also worth noting that if you feel the Ombudsman hasn't handled your case correctly, eg, there were unnecessary delays, you can ask for a senior manager to courses social, review it. If that doesn't resolve things, you've a right to go to performance essay, the Independent Assessor (though this is only about quality of courses social service, not the actual decision made). For other complaints the Ombudsman can help with, see the Your Financial Rights guide.

How far back can I claim? As long as you claim within three years of knowing you could claim, there's no problem, even if the mis-selling happened a decade ago. This issue only englehart, hit mainstream news headlines in courses social work late 2012, so you should be fine. I asked to take out the policy, but didn't use it. Was I mis-sold? The key here is whether you could have used the policy. If you were eligible but simply never had a need to use it, that's not mis-selling - unless you never realised you actually had the plan. The account holder's deceased or needs help, can I do this?

If the account holder has passed away, any monies owed become part of their estate, so the person who inherits is entitled to essay wordsworth, reclaim (let the courses executor know too). If there's no will, this follows the euripides essay rules of intestacy (see the Gov.uk website). Courses Social Work? Yet there may be problems proving what happened at magwitch essay the time of the online courses sale if only the magwitch essay policyholder was present. If someone you know requires help with their finances, and they're capable to work, instruct you to act on your behalf, it's worth trying. If the essay person has a mental health condition, or other issues that mean they didn't fully understand the online courses social work product being sold, they are more than likely to have a case. Can my bank punish me for complaining? No, you have a right to complain and literature essays, take it to the Ombudsman. Your bank can't put the fact you've complained on your credit file, for example. The one negative, though, is the courses social work bank will know this information when you apply for another product from it (not any other bank), and it could decide to incorporate that into its decision, but past experience shows this is unlikely. What are my chances of success? Given the massive scale of the theatre essay mis-selling uncovered by the Financial Conduct Authority, we think you've got a good case, even if the mis-selling happened before 2005.

But don't take any chances. Explain exactly how it was mis-sold, and make sure you provide evidence where necessary. Unlike PPI, this is a very new area of reclaiming with more developments coming out regularly. Please let us know how you get on so that we can keep our guide up-to-date and help as many people as possible. Ask us questions and give your feedback. Report your card protection plan reclaiming successes and failures in social our forum. Also let us know any extra questions you'd like us to answer. If a link has an * by it, that means it is an affiliated link and therefore it helps MoneySavingExpert stay free to theatre essay, use, as it is tracked to courses social work, us.

If you go through it, it can sometimes result in a payment or benefit to chinese literature, the site. It's worth noting this means the third party used may be named on any credit agreements. You shouldn’t notice any difference and online social work, the link will never negatively impact the product. Plus the magwitch essay editorial line (the things we write) is NEVER impacted by these links. We aim to look at online all available products. If it isn't possible to get an affiliate link for the top deal, it is still included in exactly the same way, just with a non-paying link. For more details, read How This Site Is Financed. Get this free weekly email full of thesis deals, guides it's spam free. 1,000s of Monzo applicants hit by courses, 'unexpected delays' sending out cards. Theresa May promises to launch energy price cap bill next week. Monarch customers to be sent ATOL claim forms by next Wednesday.

Student loans must no longer be called a 'loan', Universities Minister says. Monarch Airlines collapse - latest info and your rights. Have you been Plevined? A new rule means just having had PPI means you are due money. Why cutting the theatre essay student loan interest rate will only help richer graduates… Five things EVERY student and their parents should know. Martin Lewis – The four things you need to be successful.

A year of fighting to break the link between mental illness and courses, money problems… Share a name with a Lego Ninjago ninja? Get a free ticket to Legoland. Argos hikes prices as 3for2 on 3,000 toys offer launches. £1.50 prosecco trick. Min six bottles (usually £6 each) How to get a rare discount at magwitch essay Nando’s. 'Free' £40 Amazon baby bundle trick. We ensure you're on the cheapest tariff.

All of the top unsecured personal loans. Tools for courses work, different credit card types purchases. Compares thousands of mortgages. Eight calcs for englehart thesis, all your mortgage sums. Resolver - the automated complaints system. We think it's important you understand the strengths and limitations of the site. Online Work? We're a journalistic website and aim to essay, provide the online courses social work best MoneySaving guides, tips, tools and techniques, but can't guarantee to thesis, be perfect, so do note you use the information at your own risk and we can't accept liability if things go wrong. This info does not constitute financial advice, always do your own research on social work, top to ensure it's right for your specific circumstances and remember we focus on theatre, rates not service. Do note, while we always aim to give you accurate product info at the point of publication, unfortunately price and terms of products and deals can always be changed by online courses social, the provider afterwards, so double check first. We don't as a general policy investigate the solvency of companies mentioned (how likely they are to go bust), but there is essay on william wordsworth, a risk any company can struggle and it's rarely made public until it's too late (see the courses social Section 75 guide for protection tips). We often link to creeley collected, other websites, but we can't be responsible for their content.

Always remember anyone can post on the MSE forums, so it can be very different from our opinion. MoneySavingExpert.com is part of the online courses work MoneySupermarket Group, but is englehart thesis, entirely editorially independent. Its stance of putting consumers first is protected and enshrined in the legally-binding MSE Editorial Code. More tools from MoneySavingExpert. Free tool to analyse your finances and scrutinise spending. Unique tool uses probability to estimate winnings. Find cheap pick-up only items near you - they often attract fewer bids. Turbo boost your credit chances and get your free Experian credit report. Shows which top cards you're most likely to online courses, get. Instantly searches the englehart thesis best shopping comparison sites. Ensures the online courses social cheapest energy deal constantly.

Find the best online deal for. your holiday cash. Martin Lewis is a registered trade mark belonging to Martin S Lewis. For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 12m who get it. Don't miss out.